32nd General Conference of the ISCTRC
From 08 September 2013 09:00 until 12 September 2013 13:00 Save to calendar
Theme of the Conference
T&T Research and Control for Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development: Promoting Partnership and Learning Agenda in the context of African Renaissance
To promote information sharing on tsetse, human and animal trypanosomiasis problem, review control strategies and recommend appropriate approaches in research and control.
Expected outputs and outcomes
- Tsetse and trypanosomiasis information shared and disseminated.
- Networking amongst the tsetse and trypanosomiasis research and control workers enhanced.
- Recommendations for tsetse and trypanosomiasis research and control activities for the next two years adopted and disseminated.
- Capacity for tsetse and trypanosomiasis research and control workers enhanced.
- Visibility of African Union Interafrican Bureau for Animal Resources and the International Scientific Council for Trypanosomiasis Research and Control enhanced.
- The Visibility and the role of the Government of Sudan in the fight against tsetse and trypanosomisis in Africa enhanced.
300 participants are expected to attend the meeting comprising of:
- African Union Commission Staff
- Universities in Africa and Europe
- Research Institutes in Africa and Europe
- ISCTRC Executive committee Members
- Thirty six (36) Member States where tsetse and trypanosomiasis remains a challenge
- Ministry officials in charge of animal and human health from Sudan
Wind: 3.22 km/h
- 29 Nov 2014
- 30 Nov 2014