The group will carry out elections every two years during which all positions will be contested.
The Director of AU-IBAR will be the presiding officer so that all members can have a chance vie for seats.
An elected official will only serve for a period of 2 terms.
For a general election to occur the following conditions must be met:
- At least 2/3 of the entire membership of the group must be in attendance.
- A notice of 14 days must be given to all members before the Election Day.
By – Elections
This will be done after one month when an office falls vacant.
By- elections take place under the following circumstances:
- where an official has died;
- where an official resigns;
- where an official has resigned;
- when a vote of no confidence is passed against an official;
- for a by election to occur the following conditions must be met;
- at least 2/3 of the entire membership of the group must be in attendance;
- a notice of 7 days must be given to all members before the Election Day.
A member can be separated from the group through the following:
- Resignation from the organization
To make any amendments, a quorum of 2/3 of the group's membership should be present.
All members of the group shall abide by the provisions of the group constitution, conduct themselves as disciplined members and maintain the spirit of teamwork and collective responsibility.
The management committee shall constitute itself into a counseling committee and hear cases of indiscipline committed by members and decide what action should be taken against such members.
The accessed member will be given adequate opportunity to defend herself/himself before the committee, allowed to present evidence, question witnesses, and will be presumed innocent until proved otherwise.
- << Prev