2017 - 2021
- Training of pastoralists in networking,, lobbying and prevention of conflicts related to natural resources.
- Awareness of transhumance livestock owners on legislation concerning cross border livestock movement.
- Meetings of pastoralists and key stakeholders from Burkina Faso, Togo and Benin.
- Consultations of traditional pastoral organizations from Burkina Faso and Togo.
- Training of leaders of community-based resource management (ZOVICs) in sustainable management of natural resources at the interface and leadership.
Support and training to community members and leaders of conservancies in
- Community-based resource management plans, by-laws and financial management.
- Awareness on sustainable rangelands management and grazing systems.
- Reseeding of 150ha degraded land.
- Understanding conflicts, developing and implementing conflict resolution mechanisms.
- Bee keeping and poultry production, incl. provision of bee hives and communication radios to scouts.