Calendar of events
- Workshop on the validation of country VET-GOV entry points
- Mon, 29 Oct 2012 - Fri, 02 Nov 2012
- Arusha -
- AU-IBAR Programme events
Reinforcing Veterinary Governance in Africa Programme (VET-GOV)
Workshop on the validation of country VET-GOV entry points on policy processes and development of national and regional action plans
Objectives of the Workshop
1. To support the establishment of Policy Hubs in the Member States
The workshop will enable the initial briefing of newly nominated National Technical Focal Points (NTFP) on the proceedings of the Naivasha benchmarking workshop and will also enable the clarification of the Terms of Reference (ToRs) for both NTFPs and Policy Hubs, membership of the Policy Hubs (stakeholder analysis), launching the VET-GOV programme activities at national level through initial stakeholder consultative workshops and other functional issues.
2. To agree on country level entry points
It is foreseen that Regional Coordinators will undertake an initial analysis of data that have already been gathered on country baseline information on policies, strategies and legislations that impact on livestock and animal health. This will give indications on gaps which will be shared with the NTFPs, so that they can consult at country level before the NTFP workshop. Using this information, the workshop will provide a forum to agree on initial country level entry points to enable forward planning, which will later be refined in country level stakeholder consultative workshops.
3. To agree on work plans and budgets
The next Steering Committee meeting of the VET-GOV programme will be held in November 2012. The workshop will thus enable the preparation of indicative work plans and budgets to be presented to the Steering Committee for approval.
- NTFPs in place (with ToRs)
- ToRs for Policy Hubs in place
- Initial prioritized areas of intervention for policy and institutional change identified.
- Country level work plans (with smart indicators) prepared
- Indicative budgets for the VET-GOV programme in place
National Technical Focal Points
Regional Economic Communities representatives
The VET-GOV team