Framework for Mainstreaming Livestock in the CAADP... » In order to foster focused agricultural developmen...
|AU-IBAR – Fast facts|
The African Union – Interafrican Bureau for Animal Resources (AU-IBAR) aims to provide leadership in the development of animal resources for Africa. By supporting and empowering the African Union member states and the Regional Economic Communities (RECs), AU-IBAR’s vision is of an Africa free from hunger and poverty in which animal resources make a significant contribution within the global arena.
Founded in 1951 to study the epidemiological situation and fight rinderpest in Africa, AU-IBAR’s mandate covers all aspects of animal resources, including livestock, fisheries and wildlife, across the entire African continent, but fills a unique and strategic niche by working at continental and regional levels, with the RECs being key partners.
Our work is organised around 7 specific goals:
- Improve public and animal health through the control and eradication of transboundary animal diseases and zoonoses;
- Improve the management of animal resources (livestock, wildlife and aquatic animals) and the natural resource bases on which they depend;
- Explore investment options and enhance competitiveness of African animal products;
- Contribute to the development of relevant standards and regulations and enhance compliance by member states;
- Strengthen institutional capacity and support policy development and harmonization;
- Disseminate information and knowledge to AU member states, RECs and other relevant institutions on animal resources; and
- Provide essential support to member states with special needs or in emergency situations.
28/03/2013 – Regional Meeting of OIE Delegates to develop Common Positions on OIE animal health standards 28th and 29th March 2013
01/03/2013 – 32nd General Conference of the International Scientific Council for Trypanosomiasis Research and Control (ISCTRC)
- Organizational Chart
- Regional Offices
- Tue, 04 Jun 2013 - Thu, 06 Jun 2013 4th Pan-African Meeting of National Codex Contact Points
- Wed, 26 Jun 2013 - Fri, 28 Jun 2013 African Livestock Conference and Exhibition (ALiCE 2013)
- Sun, 08 Sep 2013 - Thu, 12 Sep 2013 32nd General Conference of the ISCTRC