2013 - 2018
- Exchange and disseminate information through meetings and publications.
- Support capacity building efforts on tsetse and trypanosomiasis research and control.
- Provide scientific and technical support to African countries.
- Promote and encourage regional programmes.
- Implement regional programmes with AU-IBAR as a partner.
- Support integration of socio-economics and land use in tsetse and trypanosomiasis control activities.
- Identify knowledge gaps to increase capacity of experts on tsetse and trypanosomiasis research and control.
- Create awareness for demand-driven research.