2013 - 2018
- National Focal Points have been appointed by the respective Ministries.
- Drafting of the TORs for the selection of the project Steering Committee Members.
- Meeting organized at AU-SAFGRAD Headquarters in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso on March 4th and 5th 2010 where representatives of AU-IBAR, IUCN, CILSS and AWF discussed interest in working together more closely in support of the project Livestock for Livelihoods. The discussion focused on roles and responsibilities of partners throughout the preparation phase of the Project.
- As a follow-up action of one of the recommendations of the mission in the Karamajong Cluster, representatives of VSF Germany, VSF Belgium, VSF Suisse, IUCN East-Africa and IGAD, have been invited to AU-IBAR in Nairobi on March 15th 2010 to discuss possible areas of collaboration.
- A meeting with the IGAD representative was held during the 15th Alive Executive Committee in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. A mission is planned in May to Djibouti to visit the IGAD project coordinator.
- A meeting to plan Project activities with representatives of VSF Germany, VSF Belgium, and VSF Suisse was held on the 14th of April 2010. Due to the lack of harmony in the activities among the three VSFs, the meeting was rescheduled to the 22nd of April 2010.
- A meeting to effectively plan project activities with representatives of VSF Germany, VSF Belgium and VSF Suisse is scheduled for the 22nd of April 2010.
- The Side meeting held in Entebbe on the 11th of May 2010 was prepared. It was important to improve the effectiveness of that meeting. In advance the Project team had considered aspects like how the meeting will unfold, who will stand at the Project posters, how long the Project presentation will last and how the discussion would be conducted. A PowerPoint presentation on the Project was prepared. Messages inviting and informing on the venue and the date and time of the meeting, were sent to all the partners to attend the meeting as well as the 12 countries involved in the Project. The agenda, the expectations of the meeting and the project were presented during the meeting. Fruitful discussions were held and mutual commitments were made.
- Organization of the first Livestock for Livelihoods Steering Committee meeting in Nairobi, 30th July 2010.