The steering committee guides the overall policy of the programme and oversees the implementation progress. It aims to ensures coherence, coordination and complementarities with regard to all the other HPAI-activities in Africa.
- Facilitate the overall programme implementation including monitoring and evaluation.
- Endorse funding criteria.
- Endorse funding proposals/requests.
- Approve/endorse programme progress reports.
- Review technical and financial documents and reports.
- Provide a platform for discussion and information sharing for all actors in the fight against avian influenza in Africa.
- Assure dissemination of information on HPAI activities in Africa.
- Facilitate contacts and cooperation with other international partners.
International partners active in the fight against avian influenza in Africa are represented in the steering committee such as the AUC, AU/IBAR, the EC, OIE, FAO, WHO, UNICEF, World Bank, the ACP Secretariat and the Regional Economic Communities ECOWAS, SADC, ECCAS and COMESA.
- First Steering Committee Meeting, 21 September 2007 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: Recommendations
- Second Steering Committee Meeting, 14 April 2008 Rome, Italy: Resolutions and conclusions
- Third Steering Committee Meeting, 11 November 2008 Nairobi, Kenya: Resolutions
- Fourth Steering Committee Meeting, 13 March 2009 Nairobi, Kenya
- Fifth Steering Committee Meeting, November 2009 Gaborone, Botswana: Minutes