The Workshop was officially opened by Dr Hichem BOUZGHAIA the Director of Veterinary Services of Tunisia, on behalf of the Minister of Agriculture. Dr Baboucarr Jaw, VET-GOV project officer delivered a speech on behalf of the Director and Head of Mission of AU-IBAR, Professor Ahmed Elsawalhy. The workshop was also attended by Dr Osama Rajab, VET-GOV regional coordinator for UMA and a cross section of 35 national stakeholders from the public and private sectors.
The Workshop objectives were:
- to create awareness on the VET-GOV Programme
- to discuss and build consensus on the need to establish a livestock policy hub
- to review and validate the draft terms of reference of the policy hub and the national livestock policy focal point
- to discuss and build consensus on the structure and anchorage of the policy hub
- to discuss and build consensus on the policies, strategies and legislation gaps and VET-GOV engagement entry points
- to develop an action plan on the basis of the above.