6th February 2014, Nairobi, Kenya
The fourth PANSPSO Steering Committee (PSC) Meeting was held in Nairobi, Kenya, 6th of February 2014 was preceded on 5th by the Technical meeting of implementing partners.
It was attended by the Steering Committee Members and other participants.
The meeting was officially opened by H.E. Madam Rhoda Peace Tumusiime, The Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture of the African Union Commission. In attendance were Dr. Abebe Haile-Gabriel, the Director of DREA, Professor Ahmed Elsawalhy, Director of AU-IBAR; Dr. J. Mezui M'Ella the Director AU-IAPSC; representatives of COMESA, EAC, ECCAS, IGAD and SADC; representative of EU Delegation to Kenya, OIE and FAO.
The PSC meeting deliberated on the following key issues:
- Matters arising and reports on follow-up of the 3rd SCM held in Abuja, Nigeria, 20th – 21st June 2013.
- PANSPSO Technical and Financial Annual reports 2013 by AU-IBAR and the findings of the mid-term evaluation by the consultant.
The PSC endorsed the following:
- The progress on the implementation of the recommendations of PSC 3
- The annual technical and financial report 2013 by AU-IBAR
- The development of an exit strategy at national, regional and continental level
The PSC took note of the recommendations of MTE report presented by the consultant and look forward to receiving the final report and final recommendations.
The PSC recommended on necessary actions for the effective implementation of the planned activities of the project and for ensuring functional linkages and consolidated implementing modalities and also requested EU Delegation to clarify its engagement on the funding for the year 2014.