The African Union Interafrican Bureau for Animal Resources (AU-IBAR) is a specialized technical Office of the Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture (DREA) of the African Union Commission (AUC). AU-IBAR's mandate is to support and coordinate the utilization of livestock, fisheries and wildlife as a resource for both human wellbeing and economic development in the Member States of the African Union (AU). The mission of AU-IBAR is to provide leadership in the development of animal resources in Africa through supporting and empowering AU Member States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs).
The overall objective of the consultancy is to Migrate AU-IBAR website by using ARIS3 technical platform for better interoperability between platforms. The targeted CMS is Drupal 8. Currently, the institutional website is only in English. This will be an opportunity to implement a multilingual website. It will increase AU-IBAR website traffic and its visibility.
Some modules and a specific theme have already been identified. Their compatibilities need to be tested before to migrate the content of the current website.
The structure of the new website will be proposed for implementation.
The specific tasks are:
- Install a new virtual machine under CentOS 7 and the necessary components for a website.
- Install a new technical platform using Drupal 8 and the identified modules provided by the webmaster. The installation has to be done as a new Drupal distribution.
- Customise the installation to guaranty a maximum of security.
- Enable all AU working languages (English, French, Arabic and Portuguese) including Spanish.
- Test the translation of the website using ARIS3 Translation Software named Systran.
- Integrate the website with ARIS3
- Migrate the current content to the new website including additional content
- The new multilingual website of the institution is functional under Drupal 8.
- Best Practices in term of Security for Drupal 8 websites are implemented.
- The interoperability with the translation software Systran used by ARIS3 is effective.
- Integrate the website with ARIS3
- All documentation is available.
The Consultant is required to prepare the following technical reports in English/French:
Inception Report (IcTR)
An Inception Report (IcTR) within 5 days of commencing duty. The IcTR is not more than 10 pages and should include the proposed methodology, the timeline/calendar and programme of activities.
Interim Technical Report (InTR)
The interim Technical Report is perceived to be the First Draft of the Final Technical Report (FTR), before a final clean copy of the FTR is formally and officially submitted to and for acceptance by AU-IBAR.
Final Technical Report (FTR)
The Final Technical Report (FTR) must be submitted at the end of the period of implementation.
Submission & Approval of Progress Reports
Three copies of the progress reports referred to above must be submitted to AU-IBAR. AU-IBAR is responsible for approving the progress reports.
A University Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems and related information technology fields. A professional certification in IT, Computer Science or related field will be a strong asset.
To implement this activity, AU-IBAR requires an experienced consultant in website development based on Drupal.
- Proven 3 to 5 years working experience in areas associated with this consultancy, such as development of websites based on Drupal 8.
- Advanced knowledge on Drupal Security.
- Good knowledge on multilingual website implementation
- Proficiency in using Composer and Git.
- Ability to create Drupal Profile or Drupal Distribution.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
The assignment will be undertaken in a total period of 02 months.
The Consultant will be paid a lump sum amount of USD 5000.
The consultant(s) will work under the overall guidance and the supervision of the AU-IBAR Webmaster.
The deadline for submission of proposals is by 15 July 2020 at 15:00 Hrs Nairobi, Local Time.
Submission of Proposals
The Procurement Officer
African Union InterAfrican Bureau for Animal Resources
Kenindia Business Park, Museum Hill, Westlands Road
P.O. Box 30786 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Prof. Ahmed El-Sawalhy
|Terms of Reference - Consultancy Service to Migrate AU-IBAR website by using ARIS3 technical platform for better interoperability between platforms|
|2020-06-30 English 322.58 KB|