Egypt, Sudan, Djibouti, Cameroon, Chad, Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Niger.
Overall budget is US$ 6.5m funded by the African Development Bank and managed by
- AU-IBAR (US$ 3.9m)
- WHO (US$ 2.6m)
OIE , AU-IBAR, FAO, WHO, RAHC West and Central Africa.
Ministries of Livestock, Directorates of Veterinary Services.
Reduction of socioeconomic impact of avian and pandemic influenza.
- Raise awareness in all agricultural sectors
- Strengthening the capacity for rapid detection
- Strengthening the rapid response capacity of national laboratories through the provision of technical equipment, lab consumables and vaccines
- Preventing the disease from spreading
- Awareness of the targets substantially increased
- Effective epidemiogical surveillance network established
- Strengthened capacity of national laboratories