Theme: Improving Quality of veterinary training for enhanced veterinary services and socio-economic development
When: 5th-7th July 2017
Where: Dakar, Senegal
In line with the theme of the meeting, the overall objective of the meeting is to contribute to the improvement of veterinary training, for enhanced veterinary services and socio-economic development
The specific objectives of the workshop are:
- To share information on continental strategic frameworks and other guidelines informing transformation of livestock and agriculture education and training;
- To take stock of the quality of the veterinary education;
- To share knowledge and experiences on the harmonization of veterinary training curricula, the development of accreditation mechanisms to promote the mobility of students and to agree on the way forward;
- To propose a roadmap for the establishment and operationalization of the African Association of Veterinary Education Institutions (2A2E-V);
- To discuss strategies for mobilizing resources for sustaining the activities of the network.
Deans of Veterinary Education Establishment (VEEs) and Veterinary Statutory Boards (VSBs). Technical partners, FAO, EU and AU-IBAR.