- Biennial scientific conference to evaluate progress sustained since 1949.
- 2007: The ISCTRC Executive Committee recommends all necessary efforts to strengthen International Trypanotolerance Centre (ITC) in the Gambia.
- 2001: PATTEC launched during the 26th ISCTRC conference in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
- 1999: European Union funded regional five-year Farming In Tsetse Controlled Areas (FITCA) project. Launched and implemented by AU-IBAR in 5 countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania.
- 1999: ISCTRC Executive Committee recommendation to Member States and international organisations to consider trypanosomiasis as an emergency contributed to the establishment of PATTEC.
- 1965: OAU (now AU) Heads of State took over the Commission for Technical Cooperation in Africa (CCTA) and was transformed into ISCTRC to be funded by Member States.
- 1949: Permanent Commission for Technical Cooperation in Africa south of the Sahara (CCTA) created by international organisations for research and control of trypanosomiasis held its first meeting in London, UK.
International Scientific Council for Trypanosomiasis Research and Control (ISCTRC) Abuja Declaration
Awards of Excellence of the ISCTRC in Commemoration of the 70th Anniversary of the International Scientific Council for Trypanosomiasis Research and C
The 32nd International Scientific Council for Trypanosomiasis Research and Control (ISCTRC) Conference