The fifth meeting of PANSPSO Steering Committee (PSC) was held in Nairobi, Kenya, on 26th February 2015. It was preceded on 25th February by the technical meeting of implementing partners.
It was attended by the Steering Committee Members and other participants.
The meeting was officially opened by H.E. Madam Rhoda Peace Tumusiime, The Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture of the African Union Commission. In attendance were Professor Ahmed Elsawalhy, Director of AU-IBAR; Dr. J. Mezui M'Ella the Director AU-IAPSC; representatives of EAC, ECCAS, ECOWAS, IGAD and UMA; representative of EU Delegation to Kenya, and OIE.
The PSC meeting deliberated on the following key issues:
- Matters arising and reports on follow-up of the 4th SCM held in Nairobi, Kenya, 6th February 2014.
- PANSPSO Technical and Financial Annual reports 2014 by AU-IBAR and the exit strategy of the project at regional and continental levels.
The PSC endorsed the following:
- The progress on the implementation of the recommendations of PSC 4
- The annual technical and financial report 2014 by AU-IBAR
- The development of an exit strategy at regional and continental levels
The PSC recommended necessary actions for effective implementation of the planned activities of the project and for ensuring functional linkages. It also consolidated the modalities for implementing project activities. The Committee gently requested the EU Delegation to transfer the remaining funds for 2015 on time to ensure timely implementation of activities.
The next meeting is scheduled for November 2015 at a venue and dates to be agreed upon.